Welcome Running Goddess Fans!
The weather is finally breaking and it’s a relief to see green again! Race Directors, Lisa, De and I have been working on a fun race day for all.
This year will include some perks for you and your families:
- Yoga by Deirdre Breen: Deirdre will be offering gentle yoga exercises pre-race to help get your muscles warmed up and ready. For families waiting to cheer loved ones, you can relax and keep stretching.
- Dr. Jackie DeMayo: Need some pre-race taping ($5) or a pre/post race massage? Local chiropractor Dr. Jackie will be there to treat what ails you.
- Flower Show: This year’s race coincides with Lasdon Park’s annual Flower Show. So bring some extra moolah and pick up gorgeous perennials and annuals to liven up your flower beds.
- Course Runs: Cross Sport Woman will be offering 5K course runs on the following dates. Meet at Lasdon Park’s upper parking lot at 8 a.m. Maps will be provided or download it from our Race Details page. Average pace will be 10-11 min/mile. If you’re faster than that, make sure to stay within shouting range so I can keep tabs on you. Slower paces can be accommodated. Please sign up online at www.crosssportwoman.com or call the store at (914) 401-9200.
Saturday, April 25
Saturday, May 9
- Need some motivation to get you started? Download Coach De’s 5K training plan to ease you back into running or run/walking and help you prepare.
A gentle reminder: Since Lasdon Park is a designated arboretum, there are no dogs permitted on park grounds. And yes, that includes leaving them in your car.
Sign up online at www.fasttracktiming.com or in store at Cross Sport Woman in Katonah or Pins and Needles in Mount Kisco. T shirts are included if you sign up before April 29th. Our tech T shirts are women, kid and men specific and pretty awesome in general with a custom designed graphic by local designer, Lee Willet. There will be no T shirts offered for purchase on race day, so signup today!
See you on the roads and trails!
Your Race Directors: Lisa, De and Bettina